Goldendoodle: The Best Dog Breed
I decided to write about Goldendoodles because my husband and I have two of them and we just think they are the bee’s knees. I have had other dogs in the past, but my Goldendoodles are just the best for so many reasons. So I have decided to write about the fun quirks and personalities to persuade people to either get a Goldendoodle or for people with Goldendoodles to relate too.
My two Goldendoodles were both purchased through Goldendoodles of Tennessee, which I highly recommend. In fact, if we ever get another dog we will for sure get one from Goldendoodles of TN even if we live nowhere near TN. Here is why…
10 Reasons why Goldendoodles are the Best Dog Breed
- They have the best personalities… I mean hello!? I have never had a dog that tilts their head when I talk like they are actually understanding what I am saying.
- Quick at learning tricks and commands- Both of our Goldendoodles have learned commands very quickly. They can sit, lay, stay, shake, high five, come, and associate toys with words, such as, rex means an alligator toy and what a ball is.
- They are so kind to children-Whenever a child comes up to my dogs, whether we are on a walk or in our home, they will always let the child pet them and are very gentle. Even babies. We had a friend bring a 3-month old baby over and our 3-month-old Goldendoodle just laid in front of her!
- They are kind to guests-Guests are always welcomed with my Goldendoodles as long as they are willing to pet their bellies or just give them a little love and attention. There is no growling, biting, or barking at the guest.
- Everyone comments- It is rare on walks that someone doesn’t comment about my dogs being “so fluffy” or very pretty.
- Great at cuddling- Both of my Goldendoodles are GREAT at cuddling. Ever lonely and looking for someone or some dog to spoon you on the bed or couch?? Look no further than a Goldendoodle. Our oldest dog Beasley will spoon you all night long!
- They will sit on your lap- Enough said… if I pull my Goldendoodle up onto my lap like a child, she will sit there for as long as I want her too. There is no tail through her legs or struggle to get down. She is totally content to just sit on my lap.
- They are great guard dogs-Yes even though they are gentle to guests and children my Goldendoodles are great guard dogs. Both will guard me if they think something or someone suspicious is outside our house or on the trail we are walking on. People tend to be scared of 50+ pound dogs…
- Little to no shedding- Goldendoodles really don’t shed at all. When my dogs do shed it’s very little and it’s during changes in seasons. Like winter to summer. The fur that does fall out is very minimal. When I pet my dogs, there is no fur that is left on my clothes.
- Great at posing for pictures- Both of my doodles take BEAUTIFUL pictures as if they know exactly what I am doing and are ready to pose for the camera! Must be the poodle in them. 😛
Goldendoodles are the best! If you’re looking for a great family dog you just found the perfect breed for you! For more information about this breed check out this site. site.
Oh my goodness! Don’t forget to get that super cute sign!
Disclosure: This post contains affiliate links, which means that -at zero cost to you- I might earn a commission if you buy something through my links, so thank you!